Monday, October 25, 2010

Epic fail....

Alright, so I never proclaimed to be a stellar blogger. In fact, I have 2 failed blogs from the past to illustrate that regularly updating is something I am not good at. I am also not good at taking pictures, writing letters home, or scrap booking. Living in the moment and brooding over a memory is more my style. Regardless, I promised an update to many a person, so I will try to cover the past month and a half in a few paragraphs.

Since the middle of September, I have left Ilsan. I have been to Itaewon, HaeBangChae, Myeongdong, and near city hall in Seoul. My sightseeing has been pretty limited, but I did manage to get some shopping done. Think cute accessories, an adorable brown tunic and sweater vest, cute native americany boots, and a purse. I hate big crowds. Nearly anyone I know will tell you that.... But, shopping or walking around in Korea means fighting big crowds. I wouldn't get anywhere if I couldn't walk through a crowd. Needless to say, I am getting over this phobia pretty well.

There are still a few trips I would like to make in the next couple months. First, I would like to go to the mountains. If possible, I will take a ski lesson or two. If the language barrier is an issue though, I will try to find a place to go snow shoeing. Second, I would love to spend a winter weekend near the beach. It's just starting to get colder here, and I think it would be great to see the coast dusted with a little bit of snow. Plus, the coast has the best seafood and I have been eating mainly pork for 2 months now! Third, I want to go on a trip for Lunar New Year! It's my other big break while I am in Korea and I want to go someplace warm. Hopefully Thailand or Cambodia are in my budget at that point.

Anyway, I will make a more thorough update later this week. At least now I can say I haven't neglected my blog completely. I am leaving you with this picture from my friend's roof. Her building is a little taller than mine so she gets a better view. The contrast in Korea between cold monotonous buildings and beautiful mountains is astounding. I can't get over it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear from you again Angela. Sounds like you are a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete